Did you know that 55% of households have an electric stove? Electric stoves have become popular in recent years for their innovative features and their sleek aesthetic. However, is an electric stove really the right choice?
Gas stove tops are the primary choice for most chefs and homemakers. That’s because the burners heat up faster, allowing you to have more control over your cooking methods and procedures.
Not to mention, gas stoves are also cheaper. In fact, you can earn up to 30% in savings by purchasing a gas stove.
Although, they are not for everyone. Some people don’t have a gas line in their Fort Walton Beach home and, for that reason alone, can’t purchase a gas stove.
However, they seem to benefit people who use a variety of cooking techniques to prepare their food. Whether it be grilling chicken or searing broccoli, gas stoves are certainly meant to cook food to perfection.
- Easy to control heat whether it be from low to high or high to low
- Added versatility for grilling, simmering, and searing
- More control over charring and flambéing
- Works with any type of cookware
- It tends to be cheaper (by using gas as its heat source)
- Tricky to clean
- Requires a gas line to operate
- It can be difficult to turn on or to light
- Ventilation problems can occur
- Can potentially leak gas
Electric stoves, on the other hand, are selected the most for apartment dwellers and single-family homes in the Fort Walton Beach area. Since electric stoves consist of a flat surface, it’s easy to clean and easy to maintain.
Unlike a gas stove, an electric stove is more simplistic, and in being so, it’s not able to perform the same capabilities. It cooks food slower than a gas stove and has difficulty controlling certain cooking functions.
With that being said, people who purchase an electric stove tend not to make such intricate meals as they do on a gas stove. Thus, an electric stove is generally targeted at people who cook simpler meals or who enjoy a streamlined cooking process.
- A flatter surface tends to be more stable to cook on and to clean
- The kitchen stays cooler throughout cooking
- Easy to turn on and off
- The stovetop cools down quicker
- It’s easier to install
- No warning if the burners are hot or not
- It’s easier to burn yourself on the flat surface
- If the power goes out, then so does your stove
- It cooks food slower than gas
Which Should You Choose?
Now that you read over the pros and cons, you’re probably wondering which one you should buy. It’s time to set aside everything you just learned and think about the way you cook.
Do you like to make complex creations, or do you prefer a simpler routine? Do you continue to serve three or more people, or do you create a meal for just you?
Here’s our two cents, if you want a stovetop to enhance your meals purchase a gas stove, but if you want a stovetop to enhance your routine, purchase electric stoves.
For more information about stovetops, contact us today. We’ll help you find the right stovetop to heat up your Fort Walton Beach kitchen and even fix it if it becomes broken.